Monday, October 1, 2012

Exquisite Eggplant

Eggplant has always been one of those vegetables I just didn't quite know what to do with at home. I liked it when I had eaten it at restaurants but was baffled with how to fix it on my own - until now. My neighbor Suzanne texted me a picture and description of an eggplant dish she had eaten at the beach. She said it was delicious, so I attempted to recreate it. And I must say, the results were quite yummy! So good, in fact, I thought I'd share.


Ingredients:
Eggplant
Eggs, beaten
Panko Bread Crumbs
Canola Oil
Feta Cheese (not pictured)
Tomato
Bacon Ranch Dressing or Balsamic Vinegar


Peel and thinly slice the eggplant.


Dip in beaten eggs.


Dredge in panko.


Heat canola oil in skillet. Place breaded eggplant in hot oil and fry for a minute or two on each side. Remove from oil and blot on paper towel-lined plate.


Sprinkle with feta while still hot. Top with tomato slices and drizzle with bacon ranch dressing. Or if you prefer a lighter taste - which I did - drizzle with balsamic vinegar.


Enjoy!!

For a lighter version overall, simply 'oven-fry' the eggplant. Coat with bread crumbs and bake on lightly-greased baking sheet at 375 degrees until browned. Then top with the other ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment